Tuesday 3 July 2007

dance like everyone's watching ...

Celebrate the exhibitionist in you! Dance like the whole world is watching and you're on stage and the spotlight is following your every step. We all dream of that moment; the performance, the applause, the bow, the encore. So what's stopping you? Live the moment!
If you knew you were being watched - especially by someone you particularly want to be watched by - notice how your body language and behaviour changes. You stand taller, breath knowingly, relax your jaw muscles - which causes your lips to part slightly and there it is : the pout. C'mon admit it - who doesn't flirt; even in the most innocent of situations, we all do it. It's the primal animal instinct in us, the stuff that drives our being.
Dance, dance, dance ...

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Hia,
Your postings on dancing are very interesting. I love dancing and for me it's very individual when I dance at a party etc I defy and ignore the gaze so I am able to be completely me and dance freely. I think it may have been Maya Angelou who wrote "The sensual pleasure women gain from dance is not directed at men, it can be an individual experience giving women back control over their bodies"
lol

Jacqui x

tones! said...

Hiya Jacqui,
I defininately love dancing, don't do nearly enough though!
I wikipedia'd Maya A - what an extraordinary woman.
Also read your articles in Connect(?) magazine.