Tuesday 24 April 2007

Fairy whisper!

Since turning 40 and having a baby, the combination has left me feeling like my MOT has run out, but not to feel defeated by nature I have enrolled myself into a Pilates class. You know, the one for core stability, alignment, muscle tone etc. The only class that fits in with nursery care is for the next step up from beginners and you need to have at least one year’s experience. Not having done Pilates before but knowing I will cope, I went to my local library and took out a book on the subject to bring me up to speed with any technicalities that I would possibly need.

The first and most important exercise is:

Centering – Creating a ‘Girdle of Strength’

Breathe in wide and full into your back and sides and lengthen up through the spine. As you breath out, contract and draw up the muscles of your pelvic floor as if you were to take the pelvic lift up to the first floor, then second floor, then third floor.
And I quote from the book “We know it sounds daft, but one way to help locate these muscles, (urethra in men and vagina in women), is to suck your thumb as you draw them up inside.
Crazy, but effective!”

Ooh! Mmhh! I am probably doing it wrong. So I read the instructions again, put the book down and get into correct position, relax, breath in, breath out, suck thumb. Lift going up to the 1st floor, 2nd floor but before I get to the 3rd floor, there it is again – this fairy whisper tingling on my clitoris. I have no idea what it would do for men, but I thought, you crafty little buggers, all these children (and some adults too) sucking their thumbs – for comfort so they say, meantime there they are walking around with an ever so innocent fairy type vibrator.

Remember the time before the internet – when you would get this circular of a joke or mischief picture? It was a photocopy of a photocopy of another photocopy and it would do the rounds. Well many a photocopy passed my way, but there has always been this particular one that has remained in my memory. It is of these two lovely chubby naked babies. The baby boy sitting happy as ever with a dummy in his mouth; the baby girl happier with a dummy in her vagina; and the caption beneath: Girls have more fun!

«««Don’t you just love being a woman»»»

Watch this space for my Fairy Goddess Workshop.
First lesson: suck your thumb!

3 comments:

miss-cellany said...

Te he, that made I laugh, it did.

Aha - see what you mean, next migraine just suck my thumb...

As to the fairy workshops they'd go down a storm. I think you should book a tent at a festival, charge £20 to go in, and lead the way... I'd pay the same just to sit outside and giggle...

David M N Bate said...

Oh my love, how I love your blog; the more I read the more I love you. I'll be watching for you sucking your thumb from now on!

emapple said...

Hi, just wanted to say I really like your blog.

Sucking thumbs - must try it.
xx