Thursday 19 April 2007

of life ...

Not my own this time, but some useful insights on my latest book read!!!

The Seven Spiritual Laws of Life – Deepak Chopra

1. The Law of Pure Potentiality

i. I will take time each day to be silent – to just Be
I will sit alone in silent meditation – twice a day (approx 30 minutes each morning & night)
ii. I will take time each day to commune with nature – the field of pure potentiality and unbounded creativity – and to silently witness the intelligence within every living thing
iii. I will practice non-judgement

2. The Law of Giving

i. Wherever I go and whomever I encounter, I will bring them a gift: compliment, flower, or a prayer etc.
ii. I will gratefully receive all the gifts that life has to offer me: nature, sunlight, sound of birds singing etc.
I will also be open to receiving from others: material gifts, money, compliment or a prayer etc.
iii. I will make a commitment to keep wealth circulating in my life by giving and receiving life’s most precious gifts of caring, affection, appreciation and love.
I will silently wish everyone I meet: happiness, joy and laughter.

3. The Law of “Karma” or Cause and Effect

i. I will witness the choices I make in each moment – to be fully conscious in the present
ii. Whenever I make a choice, I will ask myself two questions:
“What are the consequences of this choice that I am making?”
“Will this choice bring fulfillment and happiness to me and to those who are affected by this choice?”
iii. I will then ask my heart for guidance and be guided by its message of comfort or discomfort.

4. The Law of Least Effort – “do less and accomplish more”

i. I will practice Acceptance: people, situations, circumstances and events as they occur - this moment is as it should be
ii. Having accepted things as they are, I will take Responsibility for my situation and for all those events I see as problems – by not blaming anyone or anything for my situation (including myself)
iii. My awareness will remain established in Defenselessness – I will relinquish the need to defend my point of view and not be attached to any one of them
I will feel no need to convince or persuade others to accept my point of view

5. The Law of Intention and Desire

i. I will make a list of all my desires. I will look at this list before I go into my silence and meditation
ii. I will release this list of my desires and surrender it to the womb of creation, trusting that when things
don’t seem to my way, there is a reason, and that the cosmic plan has designs for me much grander that even those that I have conceived
iii. I will remind myself to practice present-moment awareness in all my actions.
I will refuse to allow obstacles to consume and dissipate the quality of my attention in the present moment.
I will accept the present as it is, and manifest the future through my deepest, most cherished intentions and desires

6. The Law of Detachment

i. I will commit myself to detachment – to participate in everything with detached involvement
I will allow myself and those around me the freedom to be as they are
I will not rigidly impose my idea of how thins should be
I will not force solutions on problems, thereby creating new problems
ii. In my willingness to accept uncertainty, solutions will spontaneously emerge out of the problem,
out of the confusion, disorder, and chaos
iii. I will step into the field of all possibilities and anticipate the excitement that can occur when I remain open to an infinity of choices
When I step into the field of all possibilities, I will experience all the fun, adventure, magic, and mystery of life

7. The Law of “Dharma” or Purpose in Life

i. I will lovingly nurture the god/goddess in embryo that lies deep within my soul.
I will pay attention to the spirit within me that animates both my body and my mind
I will awaken myself to this deep stillness within my heart.
I will carry the consciousness of timeless, eternal Being in the midst of time-bound experience.
ii. I will make a list of my unique talents, then I will list all the things that I love to do while expressing my unique talents
iii. I will ask myself daily, “How can I help /serve?”

The answers will allow me to help and serve my fellow human beings with love.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Thanx for your beautiful posting, Must make a note to read some Deepak Chopra. I met you briefly at the MA christmas dinner, lining up to fill our plates.
I know what you mean about being able to write in our sleep, it's when the words flow for me too, or rather just when I'm going to sleep.