Tuesday 17 April 2007

world of words ...

I am a visual person, I like shapes and colour and putting things together, creating - words don't come easy to me, but here are a few of my favourites.
The creative writers (them!) were some time ago given a task of their 3 words - well no-one has asked me for mine, so here they are:

1 tones!
One of the most beautiful gifts my parents have given me is my name; my full name being Tonette, (I feel that Tonette belongs to my past and I only use that name on official documents - a lot of family that mainly know me from my youth still call me Tonette and it feels quite weird)
My shortened commonly used name being Toni - that is the now 'me'.
My 'creative' signature is tones! - written and spelt like that with a small 't' & the exclamation mark.

tones! is all emcompassing - a sensual stimulant
Colour (my favourite substance) includes every hue, shade, tone of everything that exists; there is nothing that does not have a colour. Even emotion has a colour - feeling blue? red hot passion!
Sound - close your eyes and feel the tone of sound; loud, soft, soothing, exhilerating, tingling.
Atmosphere - feel the vibes of the tone of the atmosphere. Tune your instincts to know the honesty of atmosphere. Feelings don't lie - when all else fails, then use words.

2 Enthusiasm
I have liked this word for a long time and I feel it is still holds itself good. It has Greek origins and literally means 'filled with God'. Words themselves are empty vessels, but people fill these words with qualities that can either build or destroy. For example you could say "Sit down", and depending on your tone could either be a warm and welcoming suggestion or a demeaning instruction filled with irritation. Filling words with Enthusiasm is a wonderful gift, whether spoken, written or thought.

3 Absolute
When I leave this material world and enter the spiritual realm (OK when I die!) this will be my Angelic chosen name - Why? I just like it, its completeness, purity and perfection.
Love is Absolute.

3 comments:

miss-cellany said...

Wow! Your gift with/of/around/in words is but one of many.

I've the same thing with my name; strangely have just reclaimed some creativity in Elfrea. Been a very long journey to get there though.

I really love reading your blog - you play with language with all the joy of a child running through sunbeams on a beach. Thankyou.

ps this entry made me realise just why I love 'words' so much. Not least because I love your vision of absolute. My version is not nearly so beautiful (vodka...how sad am I) but words can just do that 'thing' that transcends and expands all the time.

David M N Bate said...

I'm digging it, my love. Agree with Elfrea; maybe you need to write a book! I don't care which one of us is able to buy the family home in the sun, with the garden!

tones! said...

thanks for your comments guys!